Solitude



The park’s empty.
Not brimming with
it’s usual bountiful energy.
Instead today, it’s filled,
with retrospective peace,
a poet’s solace.
Patches of grass,
dried and fresh,
dried leaves falling of trees,
- mystic in a starless night.

Starless and rainy,
as pitter patter kissed my already wet cheeks,
soothing the burnt.
I sat there, puny, on a swing,
mammoth trees surrounding,
spreading their majestic boughs,
with invisible stars hanging from them.

I swang,
to the rhythm of my thoughts,
embracing my new found constant,
a solitude that smelled of selfishness,
a solitude that felt like Betrayal personified.

The boughs above were extending their hands,
“Hold me”, they cried,
“I won’t hurt”, they promised.
But, alas,how would I reach,
that they are stretching,
but all too high,
somewhere I won’t reach,
but for a push so hard.
But solitary, I am.

“Swing your legs and reach”, it said,
as if already diving into the depths of a troubled mind,
entwining some enchanted, invisible roots
around a restless soul.
“Swing your legs today,
‘cause you need no push here say.
‘cause you need no master to guard,
‘cause you need no friend to stay.
You need yourself at most,
to kiss the depths of sky,
to pierce through the nimbus clouds,
and flash a smile, big and wide.”

“Push your legs back and forth,
Citius, Altius, Fortius.”, it said.
“Take your flight unhindered,
as much as it might hurt today.”
“You don’t need a push dear,
‘cause you are the master of thyself,
‘cause you are thy best friend,
and you are the lover of yourself.
Be your own motivation,
be inspiring to the rest,
don’t be afraid to fall,
don’t step back from being the best.”

and from that day forward,
the puny swang.
To touch the majestic boughs,
as bells of kindness rang.
As she embraced her new found constant,
with a peaceful smile, big and wide,
a solitude that smelled of daunting challenges,
a solitude that felt like Independence personified.




 29.08.2018
7:30 - 8:19 p.m.
Debanjana Kar


P.S. : This is a true incident with every ounce of genuine emotions I was going through expressed. :p

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts